Maintaining the Property
Your fraternity or sorority’s building is one of the biggest selling points for new student members, but keeping your Greek facility well maintained is difficult for undergraduates and alumni board members to manage. Greek Life Services provides you with a management partner who understands how to manage your chapter facility. We have an extensive network of professional contractors for any job – from drywall, electrical repairs, plumbing repairs, commercial kitchen updates and chapter house renovations. With more than 20 years of experience, we know exactly who to call for any maintenance or renovation project. In addition, we will make on-site visits to pinpoint potential improvement to your chapter house. Our goal is to help you provide the best and safest facility for your members while always staying conscious of your budget.
Greek Life Services can provide your chapter with simple handyman services, cleaning, significant repairs, and monthly property management – from the smallest repairs to the largest jobs. Our team has many years of experience in commercial building repairs and maintenance.
- You can easily contact GLS through our Service Request Form on the front of the GLS webpage for service.
We can reduce your liability by taking your employees onto our payroll and covering workers compensation and health benefits. Our management team is available to ensure that your property is in the best possible condition for years to come.
*GLS carries auto, general business liability insurance and workers comprehensive insurance through Erie Insurance.
Example of work that we have been involved with:
- New bathroom installations including new showers, tile, counters and fixtures.
- Plumbing & bathroom fixture repairs.
- Installation of new closets and built-ins.
- Installation of new enamel floors in kitchens & bathrooms.
- Drywall installation/repair/painting.
- Interior & exterior painting.
- Mold and fungus remediation.
- Electrical – repair & installation of new LED panels, thermostats, ballasts, electrical wiring, lights, and outlets.
- Hot water heater repairs including the replacement of hot water holding tanks.
- Circulation pumps, boiler repair and replacement.
- Interior and exterior door repair/replacement including hardware (fire doors, panic bars, handles, closures).
- Pest remediation.
- Kitchen equipment repair and/or replacement.
- Oversight of repair work to all fire related equipment and electronics including emergency exit signs, extinguishers, and fire exit lights.
- Assistance with fire inspections and compliance.
- Windows, trim & blinds repair & replacement.
- Housekeeping & commercial cleaning (including deep cleaning/disinfection).
- Ceiling tile & furnace filter replacement.
- Parking lot repairs and resealing.
- Exterior maintenance – landscaping installation and updates (trees, plants, flowers), mowing, spring & fall cleanup, downspout/gutter repair & replacement.
- Power Washing – exterior of building including walks, parking lot, concrete & brick.
- Floor installation – carpet, hardwood & luxury vinyl tile.
- Sandblasting exterior & Belzona applications (interior and exterior).
-Brenda Harmon, House Director, Phi Sigma Rho – Purdue University.