Maintaining the Property
Your fraternity or sorority’s building is one of the biggest selling points for new student members, but keeping your Greek facility well maintained is difficult for undergraduates and alumni board members to manage. Greek Life Services provides you with a management partner who understands how to manage your chapter facility. We have an extensive network of professional contractors for any job – from drywall, electrical repairs, plumbing repairs, commercial kitchen updates and chapter house renovations. With more than 20 years of experience, we know exactly who to call for any maintenance or renovation project. In addition, we will make on-site visits to pinpoint potential improvement to your chapter house. Our goal is to help you provide the best and safest facility for your members while always staying conscious of your budget.
You can easily contact GLS through our Service Request Form on the front of the GLS webpage for service.
Our company can provide your chapter with simple handyman services, cleaning, significant repairs, and monthly property management – from the smallest repairs to the largest jobs. Our team has many years of experience in commercial building repairs and maintenance.
*GLS carries general business liability insurance and workers comprehensive insurance through Erie Insurance.
Example of work that we have been involved with:
- New bathroom installations including new showers, tile, counters and fixtures.
- Installation of new closets and built-ins.
- Installation of new enamel floors in kitchens and gang showers.
- Drywall repair and painting – mold and fungus remediation.
- Electrical work including new panels, wiring, lights, and outlets.
- Hot water heater repairs including the replacement of hot water holding tanks.
- Boiler repair and replacement.
- Interior and exterior door repair and replacement including hardware (fire doors, panic bars, handles, closures).
- Oversight of repair work to kitchen equipment and/or replacement.
- Oversight of repair work to all fire related equipment and electronics including exit signs, extinguishers, lights, etc.
- Repair and replacement of windows and trim.
- Cleaning of the property top to bottom including floors, bathrooms, ventilation equipment, windows, etc.
- Ceiling tile replacement.
- Parking lot repairs and resealing.
- Exterior maintenance work including landscaping, mowing, cleaning, downspout repair and replacement and painting.
-Brenda Harmon, House Director, Phi Sigma Rho – Purdue University.